I’m helping with an international Gift Exchange at the moment. Because of that I have all sorts of Christmas carols in my head and I swear I can taste the candy canes already… not to mention the chocolate coins and jellybeans from the jellybean cane, both of which are traditional items in our Santa Sacks.
In no particular order, here are six of my favourite Christmas carols.
1. Jingle Bells – what’s not to love about a classic? And it’s great to see the toddlers and babies “dancing” to it at their Christmas concert.
2. We wish you a Merry Christmas. Says it all, really.
3. Adeste Fideles. Best sung by large (and very good!) choirs for real effect.
4. Six White Boomers. I’m Australian… our Santa uses kangaroos, not reindeer. He dresses a little less formally, too. Oh, and we leave beer and macadamia nuts, not cookies and milk.
5. The Hallelujah Chorus. I love watching the carols on TV in the lead up to Christmas and this sends shivers up my spine.
6. Silent Night. I have three kids… a silent night is a rare treat!
Six days to go.
Image from numerologycoach.wordpress.com