Seven bottles of wine on the wall, seven bottles of wine. Take one down, pass it around… yeah, maybe not, I don’t like to share!
I’m off to the Good Food and Wine Show today so today’s list is seven things I expect to do.
1. Visit the O’Leary Walker stand several times – I love their sparkling which is called Hurtle. I’m sure they’re expecting me.
2. Watch Maggie Beer cook something yummy. It’s bound to involve verjuice… it is Maggie Beer, after all.
3. Check out the food trucks. One of them visits my local area weekly and they are seriously yummy.
4. Eat cheese, lots and lots of cheese.
5. Drink lots of wine samples. Most of them will be good but some just won’t taste great and I’ll try and remember to skip them next year.
6. Eat chef inspired canapes – I have VIP tix this year and one of the bonuses is canapes and wine in the VIP room.
7. Laugh! This is an annual trip with my best friend and we always have a lot to laugh about.
Seven days to go.
Image from gogetfunding.com
Not that I’m counting or anything, right? It’s one month til one of my favourite days of the year. Yep, better than Easter, Christmas and maybe even my birthday… it’s one month until the opening day of the Brisbane Good Food and Wine Show!
For the past few years this has been a day to not only try (and buy!) lots of wines and drool over amazing food but also a day to spend with my best friend as we do the things we do best – eat, drink, laugh, find bargains, drink, catch up, chat to people… and have a wine or two. We lead such busy lives and, sadly, no longer live as close as we used to but this day is something we both look forward to. We catch up and laugh and thoroughly enjoy ourselves!
This year we’re going bigger and better with VIP tickets. I’m celebrating a, ahem, significant birthday and I’m not a big “party in my honour” kind of chick. Instead we’ll have the VIP tix and a (wine) barrel load of laughs. We get to see Maggie Beer and eat canapés made by Matt Moran (or at least inspired by him… puh-leeze, birthday gods, let them involve lamb!) and drink wine with whoever is game enough to join our raucous laughter.
Oh! And we get to order our yearly case (can I be greedy and order two?) of our favourite O’Leary Walker wines. Drat, now I’ve told you all the secret of Hurtle I’d better hope they have some set aside for us…